Welcome to Hot Mama Sauce

Hot Mama Sauce ... A blog site for smart mamas, their mates, partners and anyone else interested in real mothers and their original stories.

I am your host, Morgy, but I've invited some other wickedly smart women to share their mothering triumphs, tips and, tribulations here.

I'd like this to be a place for moms ... real moms who've been through it all or are on the road to being through it all to share their stories, funny, sad, triumphant, aggravating, loving stories and everything in between, tips that worked or what not to do, successes, failures, hard times and easy times.

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Mom to a sixteen year old

I write this with a flexible mind and heart, because when you have a teenager you find you need both to deal with the roller coaster ride you are on with their coming of age and high maintenance emotions.

You seem to invest a piece of your sanity so that you don't end up detaching their heads and reattaching them when the turn twenty. My son feels he is old enough now to pretty much speak his mind. He hasn't learned though that with that privilege comes the ability to bridle it when the occasions call for shutting of the mouth. He still finds from time to time a taste of my hand across his mouth...It doesn't so much hurt as it embarrasses him more. I still once in a blue moon will take a stick to his backside just so he remembers that although he towers over me and I am just a mom he still has to respect who I am and the house he lives in freely.

I have been blessed though. You hear so many horror stories of children when they hit those teenage years, and although Joshua has his moments he is a good kid and one I can brag about. I am sure there is much more to come, but he is worth the patience I give.... There was this child's book that came out some time ago and I would suggest everyone buy it even if your children are pretty much grown, because the message it gives is a strong one, but within it says," I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I 'm living my baby you'll be."... The title of this little paperback book is I love You Forever.

Well folks that is my thought for this day and thanks for the invite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember those days Missy. I am so glad that 16 is neatly tucked behind me.

~still counting~