Welcome to Hot Mama Sauce

Hot Mama Sauce ... A blog site for smart mamas, their mates, partners and anyone else interested in real mothers and their original stories.

I am your host, Morgy, but I've invited some other wickedly smart women to share their mothering triumphs, tips and, tribulations here.

I'd like this to be a place for moms ... real moms who've been through it all or are on the road to being through it all to share their stories, funny, sad, triumphant, aggravating, loving stories and everything in between, tips that worked or what not to do, successes, failures, hard times and easy times.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Learning to Speak English Accent (Updated)

My daughter just turned five. I have always found her "learning to speak English accent" rather amusing.

To give you a couple of examples:

What she means--------------What she says
Comfy****************************Conthy
Vacation**************************Bah-cation
Guitar*****************************Ti-guar
Refridgerator**********************Reflidge-ah-lator
Bra********************************Brawl
Apartment************************Tipartment
Roof******************************Ruth
Movie Theater********************Moody Feeter
Valentine's Day*******************Valentime's Day
Monopoly*************************Bonopoly
Went******************************Goed
The Virgin Mary*******************The Birgin Mary
Hamburger************************Handburger

My older daughter, when she was very small (like two or so) had trouble pronouncing "coffee". She would invert the "f" and the "c" sounds. Think about how that sounded.

More to come.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I do declare, rather foccee I'd say.
Now, who wouldn't want a second cup of that!

~brewing foccee now~

Head Cookie said...

lol very cute. I love listening to the pronounciations of some of their words.

Queenie said...

Mmmm, I still talk like that!