Welcome to Hot Mama Sauce

Hot Mama Sauce ... A blog site for smart mamas, their mates, partners and anyone else interested in real mothers and their original stories.

I am your host, Morgy, but I've invited some other wickedly smart women to share their mothering triumphs, tips and, tribulations here.

I'd like this to be a place for moms ... real moms who've been through it all or are on the road to being through it all to share their stories, funny, sad, triumphant, aggravating, loving stories and everything in between, tips that worked or what not to do, successes, failures, hard times and easy times.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Funny things kids say

This event happened many years ago, but seeing young ones around me and listening to their chatter brought back this memory.

When my son was small I started teaching him his body parts. I thought it was better it came from a parent than from young ones around him. We taught him the proper terms for his body parts.
Of coarse with his young mind we kept it along the lines of what he could understand.

I was forever taking him with the bathroom with me, his father never paid much attention when we were out and about and I was always afraid someone would snatch him so off to the bathrooms he would go with me.. At first it's no big deal, nothing was ever said no problems...his chatter usually never allowed him to give way to thought about where he was at. Well I guess one day after giving thought to what we had been teaching him...he blurted out while in a public restroom filled with women MOMMA why don't I have a vagina.....hmmmmmm okay after the laughter died down, I had to explain that these things were discussed at home lol...well what could I do...his inquiring mind wanted to know at that moment lol.

It made me think kids minds soak up so much.. They are little sponges yearning to learn...If only some would take the time when they are young to teach them that the world they live in can be made better by what they contribute to it....they can be the changing forces and turn a hate filled world into something better.

2 comments:

morgetron said...

Why are people so afraid to teach their kids the word "vagina"? I mean, after all, that's what it is, right?

Vagina, vagina, vagina.

What's the big deal?

Unknown said...

This is the 'Hot Mama Sauce' blog, right? Just making sure before I cut loose with a little tune.

Ahem,

Some of them are hairy
Some of them are bald
Some are kinda scary
And this is what they're called

Vagina!
Vagi-hoo-a!
They call that thing
Vagina

~giggles~