Welcome to Hot Mama Sauce

Hot Mama Sauce ... A blog site for smart mamas, their mates, partners and anyone else interested in real mothers and their original stories.

I am your host, Morgy, but I've invited some other wickedly smart women to share their mothering triumphs, tips and, tribulations here.

I'd like this to be a place for moms ... real moms who've been through it all or are on the road to being through it all to share their stories, funny, sad, triumphant, aggravating, loving stories and everything in between, tips that worked or what not to do, successes, failures, hard times and easy times.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Prayer Time

At dinner each night, we say a common table prayer together and then each individual makes a prayer of gratitude. Tonight after the table prayer my husband thanked God for "his girls", the food, and our fortune, I thanked God for a good day, my oldest daughter thanked God for family and a fun day, and then it was my youngest daughter's turn. Here is how her prayer went: "Dear God, thank you for letting my cousin come over to play with me today ... and please help control mommy, daddy and my sister because they treat me like a dog! AMEN!" She grinned widely at all of us and waited for a response -- which she received immediately.

"Why do you say we treat you like a dog?" my husband asked. (My jaw was on the table.)

"Because you always say, 'Stop it Edgar!' and then you say, 'Stop it!' to me in the same voice! And you send me to my room!" She was getting exactly what she was asking for ... a good juicy reaction from all of us.

"We don't treat you like a dog! We only send you to your room when you don't listen! But I'm sorry. I won't use that same voice any more," was my saintly husband's response.

My oldest and I were alternating between chuckling and jaw-dropping.

We love our little girl and she knows how to get her feelings out. I guess next time I get upset with her, I will ask myself, am I using my dog-yelling voice? I always appreciate the fact that my kids teach me more and more about myself every day. If anyone can hold up a mirror, it's a child.

1 comment:

Liquid said...

OK.........I am LOVIN' this blog too!