Welcome to Hot Mama Sauce

Hot Mama Sauce ... A blog site for smart mamas, their mates, partners and anyone else interested in real mothers and their original stories.

I am your host, Morgy, but I've invited some other wickedly smart women to share their mothering triumphs, tips and, tribulations here.

I'd like this to be a place for moms ... real moms who've been through it all or are on the road to being through it all to share their stories, funny, sad, triumphant, aggravating, loving stories and everything in between, tips that worked or what not to do, successes, failures, hard times and easy times.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Memories

Last night while my child and mother laid on the front room floor on mattresses(it's cooler there) we were all reflecting on pranks and jokes. I was relating some fabulous pranks I pull on David (my ex) which made my son laugh in glee. I would pour ice water over the shower, hide in closets in the dark, paint his toenails while he slept etc.... My son then commented on the fact that he knew more pranks than me, which ensued in a battle of no you don'ts from both sides. In my mind I was already formulating the cup of water on the top of the door trick to teach my child a lesson in prankness. Well the night went on with much laughter while mom and I told Joshua(my son) how we had tricked his father in cards. We play this game called hand and foot it's a card game folks, the object is to go out before the opponents and leave them with tons of points, well mom and I in front of my ex would put the threes on the pile for him to get and he never saw us....I swear how dense can a person be, then we would put all the wild cards on top and still he didn't get it....oh well that is how the night ended with us telling our best pranks.

I got up from the recliner to go brush my teeth.....I noticed my door to my bedroom was cracked open and started to get mad...the door should have been all the way open....(it's very hot in this house) and the air conditioner was on so I wanted my room cooled down, but now it wouldn't be . As I was walking by my door I pushed it open with my hand in passing on the way to the bathroom and much to my horror a huge cup of water comes spilling down on the wood floors and clank of falling cup plinking along the floor and the sound of feet running away. All I could do was stand there in utter shock...how could my child know that trick.....I was going to pull that trick on him, he stole my thunder and I didn't get to do it to him first....I have to say it was a long time before he braved an appearance in front of me....I was so proud of him for pulling that one over my eye....I never even saw him go by with the water.......Kudo's for my boy.....Darnit...no fair.......

We all had a great night that night and my son went to bed with the pride of knowing he had bested his mom....

2 comments:

morgetron said...

He gotcha, eh? Well, he obviously learned from the best.

Unknown said...

What did you expect my dear Missy? He IS, after all, his mother's son! Ahhhh! To have been a fly on the wall when that shocked look rolled across mom's face...hehee

~giggles~