Welcome to Hot Mama Sauce

Hot Mama Sauce ... A blog site for smart mamas, their mates, partners and anyone else interested in real mothers and their original stories.

I am your host, Morgy, but I've invited some other wickedly smart women to share their mothering triumphs, tips and, tribulations here.

I'd like this to be a place for moms ... real moms who've been through it all or are on the road to being through it all to share their stories, funny, sad, triumphant, aggravating, loving stories and everything in between, tips that worked or what not to do, successes, failures, hard times and easy times.

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Eye Doctor VS. The Dentist

If you pitted a dentist against an eye doctor in a battle of winning a six-year-old's heart, who do you think would win?

Normally, my money would be on the eye doctor. Eye doctors don't administer shots, they don't ever sand or drill anything off of your body. They don't come at you with weirdish rotating devices designed to scrape stuff of your person. Generally speaking, they don't have anything about which to nag you. For instance, have you ever heard an eye doctor say, "I really need you to floss daily. If you don't you might die fifteen years early"? I know I haven't.

In any case, when we were at the eye doctor the other day, he actually willingly pit himself against our dentist. He's probably used this technique many times before successfully, but during our visit, he was smacked down by Six-O-Matic.

As I mentioned in a previous post, she did not want to have anything to do with the "burning" drops. He was reasoning with her with the following dialogue:

Eye Doc: Do you go to the dentist?

Six: Yes.

Eye Doc: Do you like going to the dentist?

Six: Yes.

Eye Doc (slightly defeated): Really?

Six: Yes.

Eye Doc: Well, I am way better than the dentist. I never ever hurt you.

Six: My dentist doesn't ever hurt me either.

Eye Doc: Oh, well ... um ... I am still way better than the dentist. Don't you think?

Six: No. I like my dentist.

Eye Doc: Okay, well, I promise not to hurt you ... Come on, admit it. I'm better than the dentist.

Six (crossing arms across chest AGAIN): No.

Eye Doc (looking to me and Thirteen-O-Matic for confirmation)

Me: We do have a really good dentist. Sorry.

Eye Doc - ZERO
Dentist - ONE

~To Be Continued~

No comments: