Welcome to Hot Mama Sauce

Hot Mama Sauce ... A blog site for smart mamas, their mates, partners and anyone else interested in real mothers and their original stories.

I am your host, Morgy, but I've invited some other wickedly smart women to share their mothering triumphs, tips and, tribulations here.

I'd like this to be a place for moms ... real moms who've been through it all or are on the road to being through it all to share their stories, funny, sad, triumphant, aggravating, loving stories and everything in between, tips that worked or what not to do, successes, failures, hard times and easy times.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Unfortunately ...

... I just had to revoke one of our contributor's publishing rights on this site. She was plagiarizing at least once that I know of, but at this point, I do not trust that anything posted was original.

I'm very disappointed and it makes me feel like not trusting anyone.

I'll get over it, but right now I'm really grumpy about it.

Not COOL! Not cool at all!

-Jodie

8 comments:

Liquid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
morgetron said...

If you don't have the author's permission or lead people to believe that the work is YOURS (you signed your name to it) then it is plagiarism in its purest form.

Liquid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
morgetron said...

Remote Comment from Mindy C:

Wow... I just happened to take a look at Hot Mamas.... Don't back down Jodie. Stealing is sometimes allowed, like when you steal bread to feed your starving baby. Plagiarism is..... stealing the baby!

Some people think this is no big deal. But creativity is a very personal thing, it comes from inside you, whether its writing or music or artwork. When someone takes that from you without given you any acknowledgement, it hurts you, and diminishes them.

-Mindy

morgetron said...

Suzanne --

I don't need an apology, though I do appreciate it, if it is sincere (hard to tell in cyberspace).

Apology accepted.

Really it is Deb, the original author of the Pokemon post, who deserves the apology as well as all the other original authors of the numerous cut and paste jobs I've seen on your blog. (I've already apologized to Deb and sent thanks Kitty Kate for pointing out the problem post.)

I'm over it. Time to move on.

-Jodie

morgetron said...

PS: My name is Jodie ... No big deal ... Just thought I'd point it out.

And really, it's not MY blog, it's Ambre's blog, Missy's blog, Mindy's blog, Miss Penguin's blog, JoDee's blog, Jadey's blog, Darlin's blog AND my blog, but you will notice a common trait of all of the posts here -- they are original and belong to the people who wrote them.

morgetron said...

AND NOW Liquid has deleted her crazy posts. Now no one can follow them to her site where she posts a bunch of stuff that other people wrote.

Head Cookie said...

Hi there sorry to see there was a problem.